Kaleb Then (moments after surgery)

Kaleb Now
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV translation)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grateful....

One day, while sitting next to Kaleb's hospital bed, monitors flashing and beeping, nurses going in and out, my mom told me that I would look back on this a year from now and not even remember all the sadness and fear we were facing...... She was right!


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5, "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths" Proverbs 3:6.......... Even when you are following God to your fullest capacity and placing all your trust in Him, things just don't magically go perfectly but "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.......... God will give you peace of mind and heart no matter what the circumstances.  God taught me all about this going thru what we went thru with Kaleb. 

I haven't checked this blog or posted anything new since his last check up in October, and praise God, everything looks great!  Kaleb got to go off of all his meds, including the aspirin and reflux meds.  It has been over couple months since the check up and Kaleb is thriving!  Gaining weight, growing, talking, walking, running, getting into things he shouldn't get in to.  I get to worry about all the normal parent worries now.... And I love it (fancy that!)  LOL.

I am so grateful for my little Kaleb's life each and every day.  Every day I change his clothes or get him in the bath the scars all over his chest are a constant reminder of what we went thru and I still flinch a little when I see them, but less and less day by day.  They are truly a reminder of my God's might and strength and power and grace and mercy and peace that He offered me thru this time and continues to offer me no matter the trials or triumphs.  I will always need Him!  I often find myself confused by what life throws at me, but God, the only true constant in this universe, keeps me grounded and focused on what is truly important and what really matters!

I praise God for the lessons learned thru the horrific time at Primary Children's Hospital.  I remain forever grateful to the people, whose hands God used to save my sons life, and to God who allowed my son to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment