Kaleb Then (moments after surgery)

Kaleb Now
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV translation)

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The grass is always greener my ass!!!!!!

The Lord has taught me something very important today........... The grass is NOT always greener on the other side.  So many people, people you wouldn't have even expected, have gone thru such difficult times and come out just fine in the end and the things they went thru are much worse than I have ever had to go thru.  I met my friend Brittany's room-mate Michelle last month and just today came to find out that she has a tumor in her body, one that is so wrapped around her insides that they won't operate, one that could get bigger, it has given her so so so much medical debt that no one will treat her and she cannot qualify for ANY medical assistance.  She is supposed to be getting MRI's every 3 months to monitor the tumor but hasn't been able to for who knows how long.  This same tumor was the reason she lost her son while still in gestation and one that could any day grow larger and end up killing her.

Michelle is always smiling!  Always laughing!  At least when I'm around her.  She is so down to earth.  So normal.  And she has gone thru so much more than me, that gives me so much hope and at the same time makes me feel ashamed for feeling so sorry for myself and what I had to go thru with Kaleb.  The grass is not always greener on the other side!

Something I read on a little embroidered old lady decoration (that my Grandma Garrett happens to have on her wall in her bathroom, that is why I say old lady decoration..... Love you Grandma!!!), was HAPPINESS IS NOT HAVING WHAT YOU WANT BUT WANTING WHAT YOU HAVE --- This has stuck with me and will for the rest of my life.  I need to always be grateful for my circumstance because God put me here, He put me what I went thru for a reason, He has a purpose for letting me go thru certain things.  So my prayer today, Lord, is that you live out your purposes thru me.  Lord, that you would open me up to your guidance and open my ears to hear you speak.  Thank you for what we went thru with Kaleb, thank you for Kaleb.  Help me focus on You, looking forward to what You have for me instead of backwards.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's really amazing I have heard a new app dr. ryan shephard this app is great and I have started looking at it. Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it. Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete