Kaleb Then (moments after surgery)

Kaleb Now
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV translation)

Monday, June 7, 2010

In the beginning....


My husband and I met when I was 16 going on 17 and he was 18 going on 19.  We met at little coffee shop called Solid Ground cafe in Sandy.  My friend Marla and I just happened to be cruising around in her parents red GMC Jimmy when we saw someone we knew standing on the side walk by this certain coffee shop.  We pulled in the say hello and got hooked.  This was a teenager's sanctuary.  A place where people can bring their guitars, get some coffee, play some checkers of chess, there was a pool table, they made a few good sandwiches and had pastries, it was decorated with these awesome murials drawn by the regular kids who hung out there.  We loved it so much we came back later that night, and the next night and the next until we were there several times a day.  Our summer days and nights were caught up in this place...... This is where I met Shane.  I liked him the second I laid eyes on him and no way honey was I afraid to tell him I liked him.  To make a long story short I chased him from 16 years of age till I was 19 years old.... Of course this wasn't a stocker non-stop yurning for him but there was always something a bit more than friendship between us and I wasn't afraid to ask him several times to be my boyfriend to which he would always reply "Na, I don't want to ruin our friendship", or "I'm really focused on college right now and don't want a girlfriend", or my favorite was the time I asked if there would ever be a "Shane AND McKell", his reply was..... "Not now.... Maybe in the far future."  And yes ladies and gentlemen he said "FAR future".... Ha ha ha.... I laugh at it now.  When I asked him that I had sworn to me it was going to be the last time I asked him and the last time I sought after something more than friendship and when I heard his response I was bummed of course but Shane was such a good friend I was not going to let this last denial end it for us.  We would stay friends as long as the fates would allow.  So after being denied (we happened to be at a party that night), I was after the other cute guys at this party.... See I was super hot at one time and I could pretty much have whoever I wanted (just a fact), so I moved on to the next one.  Met a guy I was really into at the party, gave him my number, was looking forward to seeing him when not to my wondering ears to hear.... My phone ringing.... And it's Shane (this is two days before we were supposed to go to the Big Ass show in 2003).... He wants to try the "Shane and McKell" thing now that he saw he could loose his chance at being with me (little did he know I had decided just that last night at the party).  So he asked "Do you want to be together, like a couple?"...... "Hmmmmmm....." I pondered...... "Let me think about it for a few days!"..... HA HA HA LMAO!!!!!  And I did.... I made him wait for a few days, then of course I said yes, and that is where it began.... September 22, 2003 it was official..... December 28th, 2003 Shane proposed to me at temple square in a freezing, wet, sloshy snow storm, it was awesome!  September 22, 2004 we were married at Millcreek Inn and after 4 1/2 years of marriage I was pregnant with our baby boy, Kaleb who was born October 27th, 2009..... My pregnancy and Kaleb's birth is a whole different story..... And we'll get to that.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAH you have never told me about how you and shane started dating this is hilarious! LMFAO! hahaha xP
    *YoU 2 are SOULMATES!
    I hate that that cafe is closed now......:'(

    and btw
    YOUR STILL SOOO EFFFINNN HOT/GORGEOUS/SEXY/SIZZLING...haha etc SIS :) *ow ow!

    ReplyDelete