Kaleb Then (moments after surgery)

Kaleb Now
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV translation)

Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's done is done

I don't know if I need to finish telling the story of Kaleb's surgery.  He made it thru.  There were some rough patches with having to have a second surgery because of an infection in the surgical site but other than that he was home a week after that surgery, off his oxygen 2 weeks after that, off of his feeding tube I think 6 weeks after that then 2 weeks later he was off of is PICC line that was in his arm giving him antibiotics to stop any infection from returning.

The surgery day was hell.  I almost passed out after seeing Kaleb the first time after surgery, I was an absolute wreck, but he's here.  He's healthy.  He's growing.  He's happy (except when his little toothies that are coming in really bother him).  He's just a good baby.  I am so lucky to have him.  So lucky that God would choose me to be this little boys mom!!!!  I look forwards to him growing and reaching each new milestone but am actually soaking this time in while he still isn't quite crawling and where he's just little enough I can still snuggle him.  I know it's going to go by all too fast.  My mom always says "I just had YOU two seconds ago!"  So I know time flies and soon he'll be married with his own kid.  Just the thought of that is insane. 

So ya, I'm not going to write his/my story in chronological order anymore, I find that I'm not wanting to do it like that.  I'll just write what's on my heart and on my mind.  It's not like anyone reads this stuff anyway.  It's my verbal release and I get to practice typing I guess.  But I enjoy blabbing on and on about what's going on in my life, in my odd mind and that matters on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment